.COM is the original and most popular domain extension in the world.
.CA is Canada’s official domain, and the preferred choice for Canadian businesses.
The domain extension for technology wizards and online personas.
Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit.
Domain Name Extras
BloomHosting gives you more. With each new domain name registration, you also get:
Domain Essentials (included!)
Complete DNS Control
Easily change nameservers, or create custom A, CNAME, TXT records using your Domain Manager.
Protect your domain from unauthorized transfer with our security lock.
WHOIS Information Management
Update your domain’s contact information with ease, to ensure it’s always up-to-date.
Domains Addons ($)
Hide your personal information from prying eyes to help reduce spam, fraud and identify theft. Just 9.99$/yr.
Domain Manager Pro
Protect your domain with more powerful Anycast DNS to help withstand large-scale attacks and increase uptime. Starting at 0.99$/mo.
The BloomHosting is here when you need it.
Whether it’s helping you choose a domain name, walking you through our website builder, or configuring your cloud email system for your business, our BloomHosting experts are here to help. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with your questions!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
You can transfer any active domain names to Web Hosting Canada by simply entering them in the above form, and completing the checkout process.
Once the domain transfer order is completed, you will be asked to initiate the transfer by entering the domain’s transfer key (sometimes also referred to as the AUTH code or EPP key) into the domain transfer page on your Client Area.
Before initiating the transfer, you’ll want to make sure a few conditions are met:
- Unlock your domain. Most domains will be locked with their current providers to prevent unauthorized transfer. You may be able to unlock your domain directly from your provider’s domain management portal or by contacting them directly.
- Ensure the email address of the domain’s Administrative contact of your domain is in fact an email address that you have access to, and that any Domain Privacy is disabled. You can view your domain’s current information using any WHOIS lookup tool.
- Make sure your domain name has not been registered or transferred in the last 60 days (if it has, you’ll need to wait at least 60 days before proceeding), and is not going to expire in the next 5 days (if it does, your transfer might fail or your website might go offline mid-process).
- Relevant information can be requested from your current domain name provider. If you are unsure who you’ve registered your domain name with, please try to find a payment invoice with the company’s contact information, try performing a WHOIS lookup of your domain, or contact us for assistance.For most domain transfers (excluding .CA domains) you will likely be asked to confirm your request by clicking on a verification link that will be sent to your domain’s administrative email address. Once confirmed, a domain transfer may take up to 5 days to complete. Certain domain types such as .CA domains may transfer within minutes.Once your domain transfer completes, you will receive an email confirming this from us, and will also be able to manage your domain name from your Client Area.When you transfer your domain registration, you are also automatically adding one year to your domain’s expiration date. So for example if your domain expires in 2020 and you transfer it today, its expiry date will be in 2021 with your transfer. This ensures that you do not lose any of the time you already paid for your domain with another provider.If you have any additional questions about your domain’s transfer, please get in touch with our friendly support team for immediate assistance.
Privacy Protection is a security service that helps protect your private information on the Internet. When registering any new domain, registration authorities require you to submit your personal information including your name, email, phone number, and full address. This information is then made public on the WHOIS database, a massive collection of all registered domains and their owners, intended to provide transparency on the Internet. Unfortunately, this database is nowadays used by spammers, hackers, and identity thieves to spam your email, hack your website, or steal your identity. With Privacy Protection all your private information is automatically hidden and replaced with that of the Privacy Protection service, effectively hiding all your personal information from prying eyes and protecting your inbox for unwanted spam. Privacy Protection is available for a small yearly supplement, and can be requested during your new domain’s order process, or added from your Client Area. It’s strongly recommended for all new domain registrations, and is included for free with .CA domains.
DNS (Domain Name System) is a technology that powers the backbone of the Internet, allowing the mapping of domain names to servers that hold the data of your website and email. Before someone can reach your website, they need to communicate with the DNS servers to obtain the actual location of your website’s data. Traditional DNS servers are physically located in fixed locations around the world, often thousands of kilometers from your website visitor’s location. This causes an additional delay before you or your clients can reach your website.With Anycast DNS technology, your website’s DNS information is automatically copied to dozens of locations around the world (instead of just one), allowing your clients to automatically fetch the information from the location that’s closest to them, thus improving your website’s initial load time.Web Hosting Canada’s Anycast DNS system has been built from the ground up with Canadians in mind, and includes 10 points of presence in Canada alone, to ensure the fastest possible domain resolution times for you and your clients. There are also points of presence in Europe, Asia, and the US, to make sure even those halfway around the world get near-instant access to your website!Anycast DNS is included with our Canadian Web Hosting or can be activated by ordering the Domain Manager PRO addon for your domain.
Your domain names can easily be managed from your Client Area. You’ll be able to:
- Update your nameservers
- Manage your advanced DNS settings (A Record, CNAME, TXT and MX)
- Update your WHOIS Contact Information
- Manage Privacy Protection
- Manage your Domain Lock
With the Domain Manager PRO addon, you can also take advantage of premium features:
- Anycast DNS
- Email forwarders
- URL Forwarders
- AntiSpam Rules
Here are just a few reasons:
- Free features with every domain, including DNS Hosting, DNS Record Management and Domain Locking.
- Useful low-cost addons like Privacy Protection, Email forwarding, URL forwarding and DNS Anycast technology to speed up domain name resolution time worldwide.
- Easily connect a new website, blog, or professional email on your new domain through our intuitive Client Area.
- The lowest prices in the industry. Pay in Canadian dollars and save up to 40% over competitors charging in USD!
- 24/7 assistance from real experts, by phone, email, and live chat.
- Increased trust and offered by a CIRA-accredited registrar that manages tens of thousands of domains every day.